Friday, January 17, 2014

Guinness Fish Tacos

We looove fish tacos in this household.  When I received Sunset in the mail this month, it seemed I magically flipped to the page with a delicious recipe for fish tacos.  I pretty much followed their recipe, except I substituted plain yogurt for mayo for the sauce, and held out on some of the cabbage but added more cilantro.  Oh- and we used Guinness for the "dark beer," hence the name I have given it.  Guinness has become another favorite in our household, and I must say, I would not have thought of using it for a Mexican dish.  I am sure glad I did!  We loved it!

On that note- if you know how to make beer batter, you can fry up just about anything and call it delicious.  Easiest recipe to remember, too: 1 cup flour, 1 cup beer, 1 tsp salt.  And Bob's your uncle!


No comments:

Post a Comment