Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Easy Coconut Green Curry

Just got back from a weekend in Las Vegas, where we hiked during the day and dined at night.  We went away for our two year wedding anniversary, and had the fanciest meal we have ever had.  It was a great celebration!  We were both feeling the effects of eating so much rich food, however, so I was happy to return home and cook one of my go-to meals: easy coconut green curry.  What follows is the recipe I used tonight, but feel free to add whatever veggies or meat (or even tofu) sound good to you.  What's really great is fresh sweet basil, of which I usually do not have on hand (regrettably).  My husband loves it when I add bamboo shoots, which my local grocery store sells canned.  I eat it covered in Sriracha and sea salt.

Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste (or other curry paste)
1 can coconut milk
1 garlic clove, diced
1 carrot, chopped
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1/2 cup frozen vegetable mix
1 orange bell pepper
Dash of basil
3 chicken breasts

Simmer the coconut milk in a pan.  Add the curry paste, basil, and garlic and simmer for about 5 minutes.  Then add the potatoes and veggies, and then everything else.  Allow to cook until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are soft.  Serve over brown rice.

I haven't tried it yet in a crock pot, but I have been meaning to try.  Does anyone have a recipe they like for curry in the crock pot?

No comments:

Post a Comment