Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Bob Stroller Review

My son is now a happy, full of energy 21-month old, and by now I feel experienced enough of a mommy to tell new moms what they really do and do not need to register for.  One of my favorite "big ticket items" that we were blessed enough to be gifted at our baby shower was our Bob Revolution Pro stroller.  This is the chariot of all strollers- it has the smoothest ride, and can go just about anywhere.  My son is comfy, even on bumpy trails, and I love the brake for jogging around our neighborhood in the mountains.  Plus, the extra big shade helps keep him happy and protected from the sun any time of day.
Hubby pushing a sleepy Canyon while hiking at South Yuba River State Park

Got to hike along this beautiful trail while pushing the Bob!
Any Bob stroller is a big purchase, and I fully believe in being frugal and smart with your money.  That being said, I truly believe the Bob was worth the investment if you want to be active with your baby and/or toddler.  Here's why I believe it was worth the hefty price tag:

  • You really can go just about anywhere with this thing.  We have taken it hiking for miles, and so long as the trail is wide enough, it can pretty much make it. You can do the same with a carrier for your little one, but the stroller helps save your back.
  • We decided to request the Bob as a gift at our baby shower, instead of a fancy hiking pack like this Osprey pack.  I believe that was a good choice because there is only a small window where it's practical to hike with your baby on your back (from about 6 months- 18 months).  My son is 31 pounds at 21-months old, and I still hike at times while carrying him, but I much prefer not carrying him if I don't have to! 
  • I have really gotten my use out of this stroller- and it has honestly helped to keep me sane.  I need to be active to feel happy, and as a new mommy, feeling happy is vitally important to your mental health.  
  • You can use this stroller from birth with a carseat adapter, up through toddlerhood (actually, the weight limit is so high, it could technically be used throughout childhood... I have even heard of folks using it for disabled kids).  I believe it is worth investing the most in products that you will be able to use for a long time.
  • I prefer the Bob Revolution Pro model because it has a hand brake.  I felt I needed it since I use it to jog in the mountains, especially when there is road rocks on the streets after winter.  I think we could have gotten by without the hand brake, but I am glad that I have it.  Honestly, it was most useful right after having my son, when I felt the most weak while walking.
  • Hubby displaying the Bob's skills ;)
  • Lastly, they hold their value.  You could easily sell this stroller when you are done with it for a fairly high price.  Bob strollers are popular for good reason, and they are like the Honda or Toyota of strollers.  In five years when you are done with it, you may be able to resell it for $200-$300!
I have found that a 30-minute interval jog with the stroller is a great almost daily outing.  It helped me get back in shape, and it keeps me and my son happy.  I did have to learn how to properly run with the jogging stroller, however, which I plan on making a future post on.

I hope you find a stroller that you love as much as I love mine!  Blessings to you and your family!


Beautiful Northern California

No comments:

Post a Comment