Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hiking in my Hometown

My first love for the outdoors came through hiking.  I remember being about seven years old and hiking out my backyard with my brother and my dad had a blast (minus the fact that my brother managed to accrue a tick inside his belly button).  I now participate in many other outdoor activities, but hiking remains one of my favorites.  It's so accessible, easy, and fun.  All you really need is a decent pair of shoes and some water, and you're set to go!

Now that the weather has warmed and there are longer days it's easy to go for a quick hike after work.  Recently some friends and I did just that.  We set out for a popular local trail called Blue Ridge Trail in seek of a beautiful sunset location. We found just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment